Today, we're releasing Genie Builder v0.2, a majorly improved version to help you build Julia apps more quickly and productively.
- We've integrated the new Genie Framework API to create apps with significantly less code.
- The no-code UI editor is more powerful and polished, with new default menu selections, automatic loading of binding variables, and much more.
- The starting project template is more streamlined, consisting of only two files: one for the logic and one for the view.
To get the new version, simply update Genie Builder in VSCode.
Build your data app in 3 simple steps
Genie Builder streamlines the app development by splitting the implementation into 3 simple steps:
1) Write the data analysis code as you would usually do, no need to worry about UI stuff!
2) Design the UI with Genie Builder's no-code editor in a matter of minutes.
3) Link your Julia code to the UI by exposing variables with the
out macros, selecting the data bindings in the no-code editor, and adding reactive code in the
Check out the video below for a step-by-step tutorial in which we build the Iris Clustering demo app using Genie Builder v0.2.
If you need support or have feedback and suggestions, make sure to join our Discord. See you there!
Top comments (2)
The tutorial on YouTube is a highly recommended companion to this article!